Are you passionate about learning, reading and research and perplexed, perturbed and perspiring about schooling?
School can be challenging for someone with a rainforest mind. Maybe this describes you:
• In second grade, you completed the entire workbook in one night and your teacher got mad at you for working ahead.
• In fourth grade, you were dying to learn about fractals but couldn’t for the life of you remember your multiplication facts.
• You asked LOTS of questions.
• You never finished the multiple choice tests because you could explain how all of the answers could be correct.
• You were diagnosed ADHD because your daydreams about the solar system were more fascinating than life in Room 10.
• You stopped doing homework because you didn’t see the point.
• You corrected the teacher’s spelling errors.
• You cried when another child was hurt on the playground.
• You worried about pesticides when the other kids worried about soccer.
• You didn’t turn in your assignments because they didn’t measure up to your standards.
If this describes you, take heart. You’re not a slacker or a freak. You have a rainforest mind.
Leave a Reply